Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweat, numbness, & butt-bruises...

Have you ever seen those girls in the gym who are all pretty and glamorous?
They look great in yoga pants and a t-shirt!
And then there are those who wear their hair down and 5 pounds of makeup on their face...
Uh, yeah, one word... FAKE.
No one looks that good if they are actually working out hard.
Sorry not sorry...

Anyways, what's the point of this blog post?
The point is that I am most definitely, 110%, no doubt in my mind, completely opposite of those girls.
Today I went to my first spin class.
Oh. Em. Geeeeee.

Sweat was literally dripping off my face.
Some of my toes were numb. (Can anyone tell me why?)
And the WORST part of all.... my butt kills.
I seriously think it might be bruised.

It was by far the hardest hour that I have been through in a long time.
But even through the sweat, numbness, and butt-bruises (glamorous, huh?)...
It felt good.
It felt good (and embarrassing, but mostly good) to be one of the biggest girls in the class but still keeping up pretty darn well with everyone.
It felt good to finish out the hour when I was positive I wouldn't make it the whole time when I started.

Be good to yourself.
You won't regret it.

XOXO,
Victoria

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE spinning. It hurts so good. I am also on a healthy-me journey. I am down 5 1/2 pounds. Keep up your good work!

    Jordan
    www.lilpasteeaters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete